A local gout rheumatologist (or “Rheumy”) is best for difficult cases of gout. Because your family doctor is usually best to help you recover from gout. But, there are situations where your doctor might need to refer you to a Rheumy if your case is complex. So, I have created this directory to help certain gout people:
- Arthritis Sufferers who can not get a clear gout diagnosis.
- Gout Patients who do not respond to their doctor’s treatment program.
- Other Gout Sufferers who want a second opinion.
Local Gout Rheumatologist Directory
Rhode Island Gout Rheumatologist Directory
Providence Gout Rheumatologists
|1, 2, 3, 4, 5||Roger Williams Medical Center
Division of Rheumatology
825 Chalkstone Ave
Providence, RI 02908
|5, 6, 7, 8||Rhode Island Hospital
2 Dudley Street, Suite 370
Providence, RI 02905
|9||Division of Rheumatology
University Medicine Patient Center
375 Wampanoag Trail, Suite 302
East Providence, RI 02915
Gout Rheumatologist Directory Notes
I made GoutPal’s Rheumy directory from:
- Local searches for adult Rheumies.
- Professional Rheumy organizations members.
- Published medical research.
- Gout forum member’s experiences.
Firstly, note that I’ve mostly compiled this directory from public information. So, Rheumies referred to below might not continue to work for institutions. However, clinics with a history of gout care normally continue gout services when staff change.
Secondly, I have not asked these Rheumies about their gout services. So, they might not provide the public services you want. In that case, please let me know so I can correct the list.
Your Local Gout Rheumatologist Directory
Before I finish, I hope you can help me improve my directory. So, if you would like me to investigate Rheumies in your area, tell me your city:
[Admin: This project is on hold pending completion of website maintenance program. If you want to contribute to this directory please join the gout forum. This applies to requests from gout sufferers and rheumatologists who want to add their contact details.]
Also, have you used a Rheumy to help your gout? Then please share your experience in the gout forum.
Leave Local Gout Rheumatologist Directory to browse more Resources for Gout Sufferers.
Local Gout Rheumatologist References
- Sachs, L., K. L. Batra, and B. Zimmermann. “Medical implications of hyperuricemia.” Medicine and health, Rhode Island 92.11 (2009): 353. Medical Implications of High Uric Acid PDF.
- Zimmermann, B. “Introduction: hyperuricemia and gout.” Medicine and health, Rhode Island 92.11 (2009): 352. Introduction: High Uric Acid and Gout PDF.
- Costa, M., T. Rizack, and B. Zimmermann. “Rheumatologic conditions of the foot.” Journal of the American Podiatric Medical Association 94.2 (2004): 177.
- Poon, S. H., H. A. Hall, and B. Zimmermann. “Approach to the treatment of hyperuricemia.” Medicine and health, Rhode Island 92.11 (2009): 359. Approach to the Treatment of High Uric Acid PDF.
- Lally, Edward V., Bernard Zimmermann, and Stephen R. Kaplan. “Urate?mediated inflammation in nodal osteoarthritis: clinical and roentgenographic correlations.” Arthritis & Rheumatology 32.1 (1989): 86-90. Uric Acid Crystals Cause Inflammation in Osteoarthritis PDF.
- Ali, Saman, and Edward V. Lally. “Treatment failure gout.” Medicine and Health Rhode Island 92.11 (2009): 369.
- Lally, Edward V., George Ho, and Stephen R. Kaplan. “The clinical spectrum of gouty arthritis in women.” Archives of internal medicine 146.11 (1986): 2221-2225.
- Lally, E. V., V. S. Parker, and S. R. Kaplan. “Acute gouty arthritis and systemic lupus erythematosus.” The Journal of rheumatology 9.2 (1982): 308-310.
- Conway, Nazli, and Stuart Schwartz. “Diagnosis and management of acute gout.” Medicine and Health Rhode Island 92.11 (2009): 356.
What do you think about this page?
Did this page help you? If yes, please consider a small donation. Your donations help keep GoutPal's gout support services free for everyone. Please click to donate:
If not, please tell me how I can improve it to help you more.
Please note that my Feedback Form does not yet work on the current version of this website. So please send your feedback using my Helpdesk.