Do you want a better healthy diet for lower uric acid? Then, GoutPal Plan for Gout Dieters is for you. It is a 7 step plan for improving gout diet. Uniquely, it takes your current healthy diet. Then, tweaks it to help you reach safe uric acid levels.
This is part of a series of plans for all gout sufferers. Simply answer Questions for Gout Sufferers. Then, follow the GoutPal plan to control your uric acid with a personal healthy gout diet.
GoutPal Plan for Gout Dieters
The 7 step GoutPal Plan for Gout Dieters is:
Most people in the Gout Dieters Group have moved here from the Gout Foodies Group. Before you start the GoutPal Plan for Gout Dieters, your diet must pass the EFSEP test. If you are not certain, please check GoutPal Plan for Gout Foodies, before you start.
Gout Dieters Plan
For each of these steps, think hard about the explanation.
Can you answer the question? Before moving to the next step.
Who will advise me about diet changes? You need a diet professional who understands uric acid goals.
- Either, maintain safe uric acid with gout-friendly healthy diet.
- Or, lower uric acid to safe levels by changing specific foods in your healthy diet.
What are my chances? What do you need to focus on first? Pain control or diet changes? Some dieters are starting from nothing. Others are tweaking an accepted healthy eating plan. If a 2-year target is too hard to visualize, look forward 2 weeks. If you have no history of diet restrictions and no uric acid test result history, consider switching to GoutPal Plan for Gout Foodies.
- Your first undertaking is to set your target uric acid level. And, when you hope to achieve it.
- Secondly you undertake to monitor daily food intake, or weekly/monthly food shopping.
- Thirdly, you undertake to understand the principles of gout diet. Specifically, you should identify which bad gout diet principles affect you. Then, we can plan practical ways to overcome those weaknesses in step 5.
How often will I monitor uric acid? Daily, weekly, monthly? Or does your health adviser have a better plan?
Will my planned diet changes match my uric acid target? Are your dietary changes reasonable for your appetite and for your uric acid target? This is where most low purine gout diet plans fail (i.e, – before you start).
1. Tell me what you eat each day. Then, I’ll give guidance on how tweaking certain healthy meals can lower uric acid more. Or…
2. Tell me the eating style you prefer, and some personal details. Especially, favorite foods, and foods you don’t like. Then, I’ll give you healthy eating plans. Including, personal options for uric acid lowering potential.
However, you can follow my diet plan principles without becoming a GoutPal member. Because you might prefer mentoring from your doctor, nutritionist, or a fellow gout sufferer. In which case, you can research your own healthy gout food choices. In particular, you can learn about the best foods for your gout using my gout diet facts and GoutPal Dieter resources.
Am I eating my uric acid diet? Are you doing what you agreed with your diet adviser? This is the “Action” step. You cannot move forward until you actually change your diet.
Have I achieved my uric acid target? You cannot move forward until your blood test results confirm you are safe.
Can I do more?
Your Gout Dieter Plan
This is your overview of the GoutPal Plan for Gout Dieters. So you can print it or copy it. Then add notes to mark your progress. Especially noting your concerns. Then discuss those concerns with your health advisers. Or read the current Gout Dieter Group discussions. But, remember that those discussions will have different personal gout diet preferences and requirements.
Your next step depends on whether you have actually started your Dieters Plan. Or if you are reading this prior to choosing which plan suits you best.
If you have already started, continue on your current step until you are confident in moving forward. Strictly speaking, you will decide when you are ready in conjunction with your health adviser. In any case, do not rush forward until you are confident with your answer to the questions shown above.
For more help with choosing a plan see Step 0 articles. Or…
Leave GoutPal Plan for Gout Dieters to answer Questions for Gout Sufferers.
Plan for Gout Dieters Related Topics
Please remember: to find more related pages that are relevant to you, use the search box near the top of every page.