Personal Gout Treatment Guidelines 2016 is my project to reorganize and clarify my Gout Treatment Guidelines.
My gout treatment guidelines contain all the important facts that affect gout sufferers in general. They describe the wide array of gout treatments available.
I collected those facts when I was researching gout for my own personal needs. By nature, I like to gather facts, then analyze them. This worked very well for me. I was able to understand my choices for gout treatment. I understood that one treatment was never enough. So, I:
- Developed my own personal gout treatment plan
- Persuaded my doctor to monitor and prescribe accordingly
- Controlled my gout
I now live a gout-free life, and I want the same for you.
Some time ago, I realized that every gout patient needs their own personal plan for gout treatment. This was endorsed by American College of Rheumatology in 2012. Their gout treatment guidelines make it clear that gout treatment must be managed on a case-by-case basis.
Of course, rheumatology guidelines focus on pharmaceutical gout medication. My guidelines cover this, and also herbal medicines, and non-medical procedures. This brings an overwhelming choice, which is confusing for most gout patients.
Therefore, during 2016, I am adding templates for personal gout treatment plans. These are structured plans that gout patients can follow and customize. But before you start, please read this update…
2020 Gout Treatment Plans
This is the introduction to Personal Gout Treatment Guidelines 2016. Now I have replaced this single plan with several plans for different types of gout sufferers. So the nearest equivalent is GoutPal Plan for Gout Students. Where you learn about medical, herbal, or dietary uric acid treatment. Before deciding on one approach. Or your mixture of more than one approach.
Therefore, you can continue with your learning. Or switch to a new plan starting at Questions for Gout Sufferers.
Personal Gout Treatment Guidelines 2016
I have started with a general 7-step template. I will add variations on this for specific forms of treatment. The general template for gout treatment guidelines is:
- 1. Starting Gout Treatment Guidelines
- What are your reasons for a gout treatment plan? Stop gout pain now, or prevent gout returning? More importantly, what personal goals do you want to achieve?
- 2. Chronic or Acute Gout Treatment?
- Let’s take a reality check on your gout treatment intentions. Do you want to treat yourself, rely on your doctor, or use a different health resource? Can you be treated simply by avoiding something that is causing your gout?
- 3. Medical or Natural Gout Treatment?
- Do you want pharmaceutical gout treatment from your doctor, or herbal gout medication over the counter? Which type of gout treatment suits you best?
- 4. Which Gout Treatments?
- You have your gout treatment goals. Now, it’s time to schedule. Which gout treatments will you use, and how long will you take them?
This step is in 2 parts, according to your earlier choices:
4a. Which Gout Treatments for Pain Control?
4b. Which Gout Treatments for Uric Acid Control?
- 5. Monitor Your Treatment of Gout
- Follow your gout treatment schedule and check it week-by-week.
- 6. Successful Gout Treatment at Home
- You’ve done it! Everything you wanted for your gout has happened. Here’s how to be sure that your gout treatment has worked.
- 7. Medication For Gout Aftercare
- Never stop monitoring and improving your medication for gout. For a gout-free life continue with perpetual medication for gout aftercare.
You don’t have to wait for me to finish these personal gout treatment guidelines. Get personal help in my gout forum now. You can also get personal help for gout diet, symptoms, causes, and diagnosis. I’ll be reorganizing my gout guidelines for those gouty subjects, as soon as I complete my personal gout treatment guidelines. Make sure you know when my new gout guidelines are available:
Leave Personal Gout Treatment Guidelines 2016 to return to your GoutPal Plan for Gout Students.
Please give your feedback
Did this page help you? If yes, please consider a small donation. Your donations help keep GoutPal's gout support services free for everyone.
If not, please tell me how I can improve it to help you more.
- The gout forums.
TL;DR - Personal Gout Treatment Guidelines 2016Personal Gout Treatment Guidelines 2016
- There are hundreds of gout treatments. Choose what's right for you.
- Your gout treatment must change, as you and your circumstances change.
- You are unique. Never accept gout treatment just because it works for other gout sufferers.
If you need help starting your personal gout treatment plan, ask in GoutPal's Gout Forum.