I’m issuing this Colgout status update to reflect and support recent reorganization of relevant forum topics and the colchicine guidelines.
Colgout is a brand name for colchicine common in Australia and New Zealand. Like Colcrys in the United States, it is no different from colchicine therefore all my colchicine information is equally relevant to Colgout.
Recent forum topics are replaced as follows:
- Colgout for gout
- Colchicine for gout is a great way to stop gout pain, but unsafe the wrong way. Longterm, or without uric acid control, Colcrys is dangerous. For more about safe practice see colchicine for gout.
- Colgout dosage
- Colchicine dosage has been confusing for many years. Now we know exactly what to take. See how to use colchicine safely for your gout pain. For complete understanding & safety, read the colchicine dosage pages.
- Colgout side effects
- Colchicine side effects worry many gout patients. Is it a blissful gout pain reliever or dangerous poison? See how to balance risks safely. Read more about colchicine side effects.
Gout sufferers have been especially interested in Colgout tablets 500mcg and How long does Colgout take to work?. There are no direct replacement pages for those forum topics, but note:
- Colgout tablets 500mcg
- Though 500mcg, or .5mg, is the most common size for colchicine tablets, some can be different. Colcrys is 0.6mg, but as sensible dosage is maximum 1 per hour, and 2 per day, differences are not significant.
- How long does Colgout take to work?
- If one tablet does not work in the first hour, take another
Colgout: Status Takeaway
Generally speaking, you will find information much quicker, and get responses to gout forum posts quicker, if you refer to the generic colchicine rather than the specific brand, Colgout.
What do you think about this page?
Did this page help you? If yes, please consider a small donation. Your donations help keep GoutPal's gout support services free for everyone. Please click to donate:
If not, please tell me how I can improve it to help you more.
Please note that my Feedback Form does not yet work on the current version of this website. So please send your feedback: