Why is your Gout Pain still Lingering is my featured image for Lingering Pain After Gout.
Why is your Gout Pain still Lingering image details
This image is from the final report in my lingering gout article. So it is particularly useful in identifying factors that you can control to speed up your gout recovery. Importantly, it identifies good factors to encourage and bad factors to avoid. Also, it separates factors that you must control from those you must discuss with your doctor.
Factors affecting lingering gout
Bad for Lingering Gout
- Desire to self-manage
- There’s nothing wrong with taking responsibility. But you will recover faster by engaging with your doctor. Also consider a Gout Mentor such as a doctors assistant, commited friend, or GoutPal.
- General resistance to medication
- I understand this, but the best way to stop lingering gout is a Gout Patients Plan. Then when you’ve recovered you might consider moving towards a Gout Diet Plan or Gout Herbalist Plan for ongoing maintenance.
- Idea that a certain number of attacks is acceptable
- The best plan includes preventative gout pain control until uric acid treatment becomes effective.
- Perception of gout as acute or intermittent
- This leads to treating symptoms instead of causes which encourages gout attacks to linger.
- ‘Wait and see’ approach
- You should never let your doctor take this approach. So always insist on a plan to get your uric acid safe as soon as you can. But remember normal uric acid is not safe uric acid.
Helpful for Lingering Gout
- Change in symptoms (frequency, severity, impact)
- Monitor your gout symptoms every day.
- Perception of gout as a chronic condition
- Stop thinking about gout. Then you can focus on recovery from uric acid arthritis.
- Good understanding of the condition and treatment
- Use real scientific evidence from GoutPal to encourage your doctor to take lingering gout seriously.
- Regular monitoring
- Insist on monthly blood tests during treatment until your uric acid is safe and stable. Then increase the interval, but always get tested at least once per year.
- Ongoing dialog with patient
- Use the gout forum to discuss your doctor appointments. Because we can help you understand your doctor’s gout advice and help you know what to ask next.
Leave Why is your Gout Pain still Lingering to read Lingering Pain After Gout. Or skip to:
- How Long Can Gout Linger?
- Lingering Gout Types
- Lingering Pain After Gout Treatment
- Lingering Gout Pain
- Is Your Gout Still Lingering?